Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wire

By early this afternoon I had a song in my head that I couldn't get out, one of those instances in which you hope by listening to the song you'll satiate the earworm in your brain and expel it. But as the day wore on and the life of a man hung from a wire, the noise in my head only grew louder.

Innocent, and in a sense I am,
Guilty of the crime that's now in hand.
Such a nice day to throw your life away.
Such a nice day.
Let it go.

Cold, these eyes, I can't believe it.
Cold, this heart is slow, heart is slow.

Call me such a cold heart, such a cold man.
Watch you tear yourself apart.

So lay me down, my soul to give.
So lay me down, the longest sleep, oh, the longest sleep.

In I come and out you go, you get.
Here we are again now, place your bets;
Is this the time, the time to win or lose?
Is this the time, the time to choose?

Cold, these eyes, I can't believe it.
So deep inside a cold fire.
Cold, this heart is slow.

Anytime you're only a kiss away; won't you do it now?
That's right, just keep me going.

In some white track, you come the right track.
Cartoon cutout, cut throat bled out.
I'm on your side; be on the both side.
I'm alright Jack, you get off my back.
I'm no dope, I give you hope.
Here's the rope, here's the rope;
Now, swing away.
                                                                   "Wire," U2

Step into the rain: secondrain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment