Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Going Rogue



Contrary to many of my liberal colleagues, I've never found Chris Christie to be a boogie man. Sure, Christie's been kind of a prick at times and has held positions, made statements, and offered endorsements that I staunchly disagree with. But he deserves credit for handling the Sandy response with aptitude. And he deserves a LOT of credit for going "off-message" a week before a presidential election and praising the actions and leadership of a president who Christie has made no secret he prefers out of the White House come January. In a political culture that is dominated by cowards who endeavor only to speak the script as opposed to the truth, it's refreshing to hear Christie's effusive praise of the man against whom his party's nominee--who has advocated for the elimination of federal disaster coordination agencies such as FEMA--is running. In response to an inane question from the Council of Derps on Fox & Friends about whether the governor would tour storm damaged areas of his state with Mitt Romney (not, you know, with the President of the United States of America), Christie had this to say:
“I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested. I’ve got a job to do here in New Jersey that’s much bigger than presidential politics, and I could care less about any of that stuff. I have a job to do. I’ve got 2.4 million people out of power. I’ve got devastation on the Shore. I’ve got floods in the northern part of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics, then you don’t know me.”
 I'm sure the Romney campaign is simply loving every second of Governor Christie's ad-libs.

Step into the rain: secondrain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment