Friday, February 20, 2009

"They voted no, but they want the dough".

This reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would insist on cooking something for dinner that I had no desire to eat. I'd stamp my feet on the ground, demand she cook something else, and refused to compromise. I even boycotted dinner. And then after dinner was served and the whole family ate without me, I started feeling rumbles in my tummy. I always came crawling back for food.

Politico's Glenn Thrush reports:

They voted no, but they want the dough.

We're getting into broken record territory here on Republicans clamoring for stimulus money.

Nine GOP House members from Florida, all stimulus no's, joined nine of their Democratic colleagues, all yesses, in asking the feds to grant a waiver giving them access to, you guessed it, hundreds of millions in state stabilization stimulus cash.

“This critical funding is vital to protecting our schools from budget cuts and teacher layoffs. Because Florida has been hit especially hard by a rise in foreclosures, unemployment, and recent natural disasters, we are experiencing a crippling budget crisis. Now more than ever, we must invest in our state’s future,” said the letter.

"Now more than ever, we must invest in our state's future."

Because it wasn't worth investing in last week. Way to stick to your principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment