Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Citizen

"Tonight, I speak to you not as a candidate for President, but as a citizen - a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world."

Senator Barack Obama, Berlin, July 24 2008

"Like [President] Reagan, I am for first principles...Let me be clear, I am not a citizen of the world. I think the entire concept is intellectual nonsense and stunningly dangerous."

Newt Gingrich, Washington, June 8 2009

"I speak today as both a citizen of the United States and of the world. I come with the heartfelt wishes of my people for peace..."

President Ronald Reagan, New York, June 17 1982

"Ich bin ein Berliner."

President John F. Kennedy, Berlin, June 26 1963

"Nous sommes tous Américains."

Le Monde, Paris, September 13 2001

"[I am] a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world."


"I speak...as both a citizen of the United States and of the world."


"I am a Berliner."



"Let me be clear, I am not a citizen of the world."





Step into the rain: secondrain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment