Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Olberevolution Will Not Be Televised...On ESPN

In all the media whirlwind surrounding former MSNBC "Countdown" host Keith How Dare You, Sir Olbermann's next career move, it seems SR managed to play, through an innocent--and of course humorous--tweet, a small part in heightening the intrigue. Yesterday, upon hearing the news of Olbermann's scheduled conference call with reporters during which he would announce his new venture, I made this 133 character quip:

It was a small bit of brilliance but certainly an obvious joke; the door was left wide open for it and I'm sure I wasn't the first to see the comedic congruence between Olbermann, The Decision, and ESPN. Hours later I began to notice my inbox filling up with "now following" notices. Pleased with this sudden burst of fans, I investigated its cause and discovered I had scored the coveted Olberetweet:



LeBron joke FTW! Inexplicably however, many of Olbermann's followers took his laugh-out-loud all caps endorsement of my funny to mean the fictitious prime-time special I alluded to was actually happening, necessitating this clarification:



I know, Keith. Simpletons just don't understand our style.  Of course this isn't the first time a major cable news network personality interacted with us through the tweets. I'm getting kind of used to this. Still waiting for @glennbeck to respond to my many, many questions.


Step into the rain: secondrain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment